President Michel announces senior SPDF appointments
Fri, 12 August 2016
President James Michel, the Commander-in Chief of the Armed Forces, met with the Defence Forces Council this morning at State House.
During the meeting the President announced promotions and senior appointments within the Seychelles People’s Defence Forces as part of a restructuring process, which includes new posts;
- Deputy Chief of Defence Forces- Colonel Clifford Roseline
- Seychelles Coast Guard- Base Commander- Lt. Colonel Francois Antat
- Seychelles Coast Guard- Fleet Commander- Lt. Colonel Leslie Benoiton
- Seychelles Coast Guard- Adjutant- Major Antonio Gomme
- Seychelles Coast Guard - Naval Wing Commander- Major Fernand Laporte
The President said the appointments would create a new dynamic for the defence forces and reinforce capacity within the SPDF.