Rotations and Appointments of Ambassadors of Seychelles
Wed, 22 March 2017
In line with President Danny Faure’s vision of providing an efficient and professional diplomatic service for the benefit of the people of Seychelles, a rotation plan as well as new appointments of the Heads of Seychelles' missions abroad have been undertaken.
The appointments are as follows:
1. Ambassador Ronny Jumeau will be the Seychelles Permanent Representative to the United Nations. He will also be accredited as Ambassador to the United States of America.
2. Ambassador Beryl Samson will be recalled to headquarters from New York and will head the Seychelles Permanent Mission in Geneva, Switzerland, in January 2018.
3. Seychelles will officially open a mission in Havana, Cuba. Ambassador Joseph Nourrice will head that respective mission as of April 2017.
4. High Commissioner Derick Ally has replaced High Commissioner Marie-Pierre Lloyd following her retirement. He assumed his function in London in February 2017.
5. Ambassador Selby Pillay will continue to head the Seychelles mission in Brussels, Kingdom of Belgium. He assumed that position in March 2015.
6. The High Commission of Seychelles in Pretoria, Republic of South Africa, is headed by High Commissioner Marie-Antoinette Rose who assumed her function in January 2017.
7. The Seychelles Embassy in Beijing, People’s Republic of China, will continue to be lead by Ambassador Vivianne Fock-Tave.
8. The Permanent Mission to the African Union and Embassy in Addis Ababa, Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, is to be headed by Ambassador David Pierre. He will assume office once his agrément is granted by the Ethiopian authorities.
9. High Commissioner Conrad Mederic will head the Seychelles mission in the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka.
10. High Commissioner Philippe Le Gall will head the Seychelles mission in New Delhi, Republic of India.
11. Ambassador Jean-Claude Adrienne will head the Seychelles mission in the United Arab Emirates. He will assume office in May 2017.
12. Ambassador Sylvestre Radegonde has been appointed as Ambassador to France. He will assume office once he has obtained agrément from the French authorities. Ambassador Bernard Shamlaye will be retiring from the diplomatic service in May 2017.
In order to maximize benefits to Seychelles, all of the Nation’s Ambassadors will be concurrently accredited to a small number of targeted jurisdictions in their proximity, defined by the importance of the multifaceted relations with Seychelles. This policy is currently being defined.